Built in 1916 by Ransom Eli Olds, the Oldsmar Bank is the only building in the area featuring Italian glazed tile exterior, giving this historic building a pristine white exterior.
Chartered as a bank in 1918, this building has housed many things. At one time or another it has housed a super rite drug store, the Oldsmar post office, and the Oldsmar public library.
Today, this historic building, is the home of the City council chambers, the Upper Tampa Bay chamber of commerce and the Oldsmar Historical Society Museum.
The Historic Oldsmar Bank Building was renovated in 2008, using green building material and methods, making the bank building a model for energy savings. While gutting the building’s interior, “surprise elements” were uncovered and were reused in the design. For example, the building’s original floor tiles were discovered under layers and decades of subsequent flooring materials. Upon dating the tiles by historic photos of the building’s 1st tenants (in this instance, the post office), which has been incorporate into a tiled area at the entrance in the Oldsmar Historical Society Museum.